Charles Street Security
Who are our Security Guards?
Our Security is provided through a company called G4S, that trains guards for working in residential settings like ours.
How and When do we call Security?
- to remove intruders, homeless individuals
- to report noise and smoking complaints
- to access lockers
- to perform wellness checks
- to assist with lockouts and maintenance concerns after hours
Security also checks that fobs are used at the door and patrols the building, property and parking garages regularly. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach security, wait and try again shortly, as there is poor reception in some areas.
I’ve contact Security; what happens next?
While Security can often tackle a situation in the moment, some situations are complex and ongoing, and Security is only one piece of the solution. Any incidents reported to Security gets recorded in a report that is filed with the Residence Office each morning, and followed up on as needed. If you have a question about a report, or would like to discuss an incident further (e.g. a noise or smoking complaint), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s important to remember Security are not an emergency service. In the event of an emergency, please call 911 or the appropriate services directly.
Tips for Having Parcels Delivered Safely
In order to minimize theft of parcels when they are delivered to your apartment door, we have put together the following tips:
- Be home – If you’re tracking the movement of your package, try to anticipate the date of delivery and attempt to arrange being home when it arrives.
- Deliver to secure location – If you can’t be home, try rerouting it to a family member, neighbour, or close friend.
- Ask for a signature upon delivery – This is related to number 1. If you’re home, you can sign for the delivery. That being said, if you’re not home, the delivery person should hold on to it and leave a notice with pick up instructions on it.
- Use a courier hub – There are many different locker hubs available nationwide that accept packages and deliveries from all types of retailers and e-commerce companies.
- Deliver packages to your office (if you’re still working in an office). You can easily send packages to your place of work for a safer delivery option.
- Sign up for delivery alerts. It is always helpful to sign-up for delivery alerts via text or email so that you can track your package in real-time and be ready to retrieve it upon its delivery to your doorstep.
- Reschedule delivery. If you’re not going to be home when your package is expected to arrive, contact the carrier and reschedule delivery.
For more alternative delivery options, please refer to Canada Post’s website.