We accept personal cheques, certified cheques, money orders or Pre-Authorized Debit for monthly rent payments.
Rent is due on the 1st day of each month during your tenancy. Repeated late payment of rent after the first of the month may result in eviction and will cause anyone interested in transferring to be refused.
Cheques should be made payable to “University of Toronto”, and must have your building and apartment number written directly on the cheque.
There are three options available for rent submission.
- Submit rent on or before the 1st day of every month to the Residence Office in person, or by dropping your cheque in the drop-off box located outside the office, just to the left of the door.
- Submit post-dated cheques for the 1st day of every month for a number of months in advance. This will ensure your rent is paid on the 1st day of every month.
- Sign and submit pre-authorized debit payment forms at the Residence Office at least 10 business days before rent is due – see deadlines listed below to sign up.
We do not accept rent cheques from anyone who is not on the lease.
If you experience financial difficulties that may prevent you from paying rent on the 1st day of the month, please contact the Residence Office immediately. Also, you should contact your Registrar’s Office or academic division for financial assistance.
Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) is Here!
What is PAD?
- An easy way to pay your recurring monthly rent and parking
- By signing the Agreement you authorize the University of Toronto to automatically deduct your rent and parking from your bank account on a monthly basis
- The amount withdrawn will be the rent as indicated on the lease of the Notice of Rent Increase. For parking it will be the amount on the Parking Addendum or the Notice of Increase
How & where do I sign up?
- These Agreements are to be signed and submitted in person at the Residence Office, 35 Charles St. W., Suite 102. Agreements are not to be faxed, mailed, ore-mailed
- Sign-up must take place at minimum 10 business days before the rent is due/withdrawal takes place as per the schedule
- To initiate a PAD, the University will require your account number and the numeric codes that identify your financial institution and the specific branch where your account is held
- This information can be easily provided by attaching a void cheque (marked “void” and unsigned). Alternatively, you can obtain a form from your bank providing this information
When do the Withdrawals happen?
- The withdrawal will take place on the first business day of the month (providing it is not a University or bank holiday). These dates are shown on the schedule below.
NSFs from Pre-Authorized Debits will have a $30 fee charged to the resident.
Deadline for In-Person Sign up at Residence Office for: