Who We Are

The Residence Life Education & Communication Team is made up of one full-time Residence Life Coordinator, Education & Communication, and seven part-time Residence Advisors. Charles St. Student Family Housing is divided into seven communities, each with its own Residence Advisor, who is a resident of Student Family Housing and a U of T student.

Residence Advisor email addresses and office hours

Please follow this link for contact details and office hours of each RA.

COVID-19 Update – RA Office Hours Now Online!

Have a question that needs answering? Looking for resources for your family from the university and community? Want to address a residence issue? 

Residence Advisors (RAs) are now holding virtual office hours via ZOOM starting on Monday March 30.

From 6:00 om – 7:00 pm each evening, visit http://zoom.us and go to “join a meeting”. Enter meeting ID 327-116-8614 and password 095407 to enter the waiting room. We will limit conversations to 10 minutes if there is somebody waiting for a meeting. Please wait patiently with your RA via video or audio conference.  

Not available during this time? Contact your RA at their community email address to set up a meeting time of mutual convenience.   

RA Schedule

Monday – Asmita (Blue Community) 

Tuesday – Nushrat (Purple Community)

Wednesday – Erin (Indigo Community) 

Thursday – Rafa (Orange Community)

Friday – Kevin (Yellow Community)

Saturday – Mao (Red Community)

Sunday – Sujata (Green Community)

*Please feel free to contact any RA at any time, unless your question is community-specific.

When to Contact Us

We are here to help!  We encourage you to contact us if:

  • You have any questions/concerns about life at Student Family Housing.
  • You could use support with a difficulty you are facing in your life.
    • We can help you deal with challenges by referring you to appropriate resources and professional services offered by U of T and the wider community.
    • Information you share with us will be treated with the utmost respect and will not be released to other residents or members of the public; if necessary, information may be shared with other staff.
  • When you have an ongoing complaint or neighbour concern. It’s still essential to start with a Security report if it’s a noise or a smoking complaint, but the RA or RLC can work towards finding a longer term solution once the reports are gathered. Please contact your RA if your ever hesitant about who should be contacted in a particular situation.

How to Contact Us

1. By email (see chart above)
2. During Zoom office hours (see chart above)
3. By Zoom appointment (please email an RA to arrange an appointment)