Welcome to the Charles Street Drop-In Centre!
|The Drop-In Centre provides a caring, family environment where parents, grandparents and caregivers can come with their kids ages 5 and under to share in the daily activities.|
The Drop-In Centre helps student families with children to have a positive and enjoyable experience during their studies. The Centre supervisor is Early Childhood Education (ECE) certified. The supervisor depends on University of Toronto students, staff, and parents to assist in keeping the Centre running smoothly.
Special events are also held on occasion, including holiday parties, celebrations, outings and birthdays. Take the opportunity to meet others and make friends in your community at the Drop-In Centre.
The program is free and is available to Student Family Housing residents. Parents are expected to stay, supervise and participate in the various activities.
Registration is mandatory and a two step process:
1) visit the Drop-In Centre in-person and complete the registration forms, and 2) await notification of registration (about one week). Note that your child must be listed on your lease with the Admissions & Eligibility Office prior to Drop-In Centre registration. Once your registration is complete, you will automatically appear on the attendance sheet at the Drop-In Centre.
The Drop-In Centre is closed during all U of T holidays and for the month of August each year.
|10:00 am – 1:00 pm||10:00 am – 1:00 pm||10:00 am – 1:00 pm||10:00 am- 1:00 pm||10:00 am- 1:00 pm|
|All Ages||Infant and Toddler||All Ages||All Ages||All Ages|
|(Newborn – 5 yrs old)||(up to 18 months)||(Newborn – 5 yrs old)||(Newborn – 5 yrs old)||(Newborn – 5 yrs old)|
We are open Sundays from 2:30 pm – 5:00 pm during the winter months
The daily activities include free play, arts and crafts, story time, snack, circle time, etc. Children play in an enriching and safe environment with an opportunity to explore their environment and interact with others.
The Drop-in Centre is located on the 3rd floor of 30 Charles St. W. It is an accessible location for strollers, although there is limited space for storing strollers. Residents living in both 30 and 35 Charles St. W., as well as at Huron/Sussex, are welcome.
Health and Safety
Community & Recreation reserves the right refuse entry due to overcrowding, health and safety concerns and non-registration. Community & Recreation may also close the Centre if deemed necessary due to health and safety concerns. Notice regarding any closure will be communicated as early as possible to minimize inconveniences to our families.
Please supervise your children at all times, with these things in mind:
- Safety for others, i.e. please keep your child at home if they are sick.
- Safety for themselves , i.e. watch for anything that may do them harm.
- Respect for other children, i.e. no hurting other children, encourage sharing, etc.
- Respect for the toys and facility , i.e. prevent damage, tidy messes, etc.
We look forward to meeting you!